Thermal Imaging for Manufacturing Industries
At manufacturing facilities thermal imaging cameras are used for inspecting a countless number of production equipment and components as well as the complete electrical power supply system.
An infrared image including accurate temperature data provides the maintenance expert with important information about the condition of the inspected object. Inspections are done with the production process in full operation. In many cases the use of a thermal imaging camera can help optimize the production process itself.
Thermal fusion image of steam leaking from a pipe due to insufficient insulation.
Some examples of mechanical equipment where thermography is used:
- Pumps: Overheated connections, fuse problems, overloaded electrical cables, etc...
- Process valves: Open, closed, leakage
- Storage tanks: Sludge levels
- Pipelines: Check if and where there are anomalies, for example locate build up of scale, etc...
- Motors: Overheating bearings, misalignment, overheated windings
- Conveyor belts: Overheated bearings
- Furnace inspections: With a special camera designed to “see through flames” for high temperature industrial furnace applications, ideal for monitoring all types of furnaces, heaters and boilers
Some examples of electrical equipment where thermography is used:
- Primary power source: Outdoor high voltage switchyard
- Low voltage installations: Breaker panels, faulty electrical outlets/wall sockets
- Fuse panels
- Motor control centers (MCC)
- Electrical cabinets
To get even more out of your camera investment, you can use your infrared camera to audit energy efficiency of your plant environment, including roofing, heating and cooling systems, and building structures.
Choose the thermal imaging product that is right for you:
Eliminate the need for opening electrical enclosures and protect yourself from the threat of arc flash injuries with new FLIR IR Windows. With added safety between you and energized equipment, you’ll save time and get more thermal and visual inspections done with greater confidence.
NEW! FLIR E4, E5, E6 & E8 Infrared Cameras with MSX
Look like a genius with the first infrared cameras starting under $1K to deliver thermal, visible, and MSX imaging. Easier than a smartphone, only FLIR’s E4 thru E8 line offers such an affordable, unprecedented choice to new and seasoned thermographers alike.
E-Series continues to revolutionize thermal inspection efficiency with more onboard tools for faster imaging, analysis and sharing. Featuring MSX to instantly recognize problem locations, a simpler touchscreen interface, auto screen orientation, Wi-Fi streaming to mobile devices and Bluetooth to MeterLink test gear.
The T420 and T440 provide superior thermal resolution, an ergonomic rotating optical block, and fast auto-focus to help the busiest technicians get the best images easier than ever, even from the toughest angles. Plus speedy wireless communication, MSX enhancement, and more.
The T620 and T640 combine incredible 640×480 IR detail with the flexibility you need to shoot from low, high and tight angles effortlessly. The large touchscreen, the best sensitivity, a viewfinder, continuous auto focus, remote control and extra productivity tools make inspections a breeze.
Our expert line of infrared cameras provide superior thermal and visual image quality, spot size resolution, temperature measurement accuracy, and a host of advanced features.