Thermal Imaging for Manufacturing Industries
At manufacturing facilities thermal imaging cameras are used for inspecting a countless number of production equipment and components as well as the complete electrical power supply system.
An infrared image including accurate temperature data provides the maintenance expert with important information about the condition of the inspected object. Inspections are done with the production process in full operation. In many cases the use of a thermal imaging camera can help optimize the production process itself.
Thermal fusion image of steam leaking from a pipe due to insufficient insulation.
Some examples of mechanical equipment where thermography is used:
- Pumps: Overheated connections, fuse problems, overloaded electrical cables, etc...
- Process valves: Open, closed, leakage
- Storage tanks: Sludge levels
- Pipelines: Check if and where there are anomalies, for example locate build up of scale, etc...
- Motors: Overheating bearings, misalignment, overheated windings
- Conveyor belts: Overheated bearings
- Furnace inspections: With a special camera designed to “see through flames” for high temperature industrial furnace applications, ideal for monitoring all types of furnaces, heaters and boilers
Some examples of electrical equipment where thermography is used:
- Primary power source: Outdoor high voltage switchyard
- Low voltage installations: Breaker panels, faulty electrical outlets/wall sockets
- Fuse panels
- Motor control centers (MCC)
- Electrical cabinets
To get even more out of your camera investment, you can use your infrared camera to audit energy efficiency of your plant environment, including roofing, heating and cooling systems, and building structures.
Choose the thermal imaging product that is right for you:
Eliminate the need for opening electrical enclosures and protect yourself from the threat of arc flash injuries with new FLIR IR Windows. With added safety between you and energized equipment, you’ll save time and get more thermal and visual inspections done with greater confidence.
FLIR i-Series point & shoot thermal cameras are easy-to-use, lightweight, and very affordable – the most cost-effective way to add infrared images and temperature data to any toolbox.
The fast and powerful new FLIR E-Series is revolutionizing the way compact, professional thermal cameras capture, analyze and share images and data. Featuring Wi-Fi connectivity.
Flexible FLIR T-Series high-performance cameras feature superior thermal resolution and an ergonomic rotating optical block that helps you capture shots from tough angles comfortably, and now include Wi-Fi connectivity to mobile devices.
The innovative FLIR T620 and FLIR T640 add a new level of high performance thermal imaging with 640 × 480 resolution for greater image detail and accuracy, a 4.3 touchscreen, Wi-Fi mobile device connectivity, and more.
Our expert line of infrared cameras provide superior thermal and visual image quality, spot size resolution, temperature measurement accuracy, and a host of advanced features.