The FLIR Site and Cloud Services are not intended for use by any children, including children under the age of thirteen. FLIR does not knowingly collect Personal Information online from children under thirteen. If you think that FLIR has collected Personal Information from your child, please contact us at email@example.com (or the address provided below). Because FLIR is committed to protecting children’s privacy online, use of the FLIR Site and Cloud Services by children under the age of thirteen is prohibited.
Collection of Personal Information
“Personal Information” is information about you that is personally identifiable, like your name, address, email address or phone number, and that is not otherwise publicly available. FLIR collects Personal Information in a number of circumstances, including under the following circumstances:
- Registrations: To use certain features of the FLIR Site or to use FLIR Cloud Services, you must first complete a registration procedure which requires you to provide certain Personal Information, such as your name and email address (providing demographic information, such as your job title, is optional). When you buy and install a new product, we may ask you to register your purchase electronically. When you do any of these, we keep this registration information on file with any information you've already given us on previous visits to the FLIR Site. FLIR collects this information and uses it internally for purposes such as marketing, customer support and administration, technical administration of the FLIR Site and Cloud Services, or to contact you.
- Purchases, Contests and Information: You may order e-mail newsletters, join a limited-access premium site, sign up for an event or contest, or purchase FLIR products or services. Personal Information collected by FLIR is often limited to e-mail address, language, country or location, but may include other information. For example, if you choose a service or transaction that requires payment, such as making a purchase in the shopping area of the FLIR Site, we or our third party service providers will request Personal Information necessary for billing and/or shipping, such as: name, address, telephone number, and credit card number.
- Other: FLIR may, from time to time, collect other information from you when you voluntarily provide it (for instance, when we make special offers, hold promotions, or conduct surveys). Information collected by these means is used internally for purposes such as marketing, customer administration, technical administration of the FLIR Site, or to contact you.
Use and Security of Personal Information
In addition to the uses described above, we may use your Personal Information for the following purposes:
- To allow FLIR to carry out its contractual obligations to you.
- To make the FLIR Site and Cloud Services easier for you to use by not making you enter your Personal Information more than once.
- To respond to your inquiries and to deliver services that you request or purchase and to provide you with related customer service.
- To help us create and publish content and offers most relevant to you.
- To send administrative information to you, such as information regarding the FLIR Site and Cloud Services and changes to our terms, conditions and policies.
- To send you marketing communications that we believe may be of interest to you.
- As we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
- To allow you to participate in sweepstakes, contests and similar promotions and to administer these activities. Some of these activities have additional rules, which could contain additional information about how we use and disclose your Personal Information.
- For our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, fraud monitoring and prevention, developing new products, enhancing, improving or modifying our products and services, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and operating and expanding our business activities.
FLIR strictly protects the security of your Personal Information and honors your choices for its intended use. We carefully protect your data from loss, misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure, alteration, or destruction.
We seek to use reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures to protect Personal Information within our organization. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of your account has been compromised), please immediately notify us in accordance with the “Contact Us” section below.
Personal Information Sharing
FLIR does not rent, sell or share your Personal Information with other people or non-affiliated entities except to provide the products or services you’ve requested, when FLIR has your permission, or under the following circumstances.
We provide the information to trusted third parties who work on behalf of FLIR or with FLIR under confidentiality agreements, including third parties who provide packaging, mailing and delivery services, answer customer questions about products or services, send postal mail, process event registrations and provide other administrative services. These third parties may use your Personal Information to help FLIR communicate with you and for other reasons. However, these third parties do not have any independent right to share your Personal Information.
FLIR also works with other vendors, partners, advertisers and other service providers in different industries and categories of business. This may include other companies who wish to offer our registered customers information about their products and services using postal mail.
For more information regarding these third parties, please contact us at one of the Webmaster email addresses below.
You may submit Personal Information through the Community Forum feature of the FLIR Site. Any information that you post or disclose through this feature may be available to other users and the general public. We urge you to be very careful when deciding to disclose information through the Community Forum feature.
FLIR may disclose your Personal Information if required to do so by law, including laws outside your country of residence, or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on FLIR; (b) protect and defend the rights, property, privacy or safety of FLIR, our affiliates, you or others; or (c) allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain; or otherwise in response to law enforcement requests (including requests from authorities outside your country of residence).
Control of your Personal Information
We will provide you with the means to ensure that your Personal Information is correct and current. You may review and update the Personal Information you have provided to us at any time, by logging into your personal FLIR account, and may change your marketing preferences.
Please note that we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes and/or to complete any transactions that you began prior to requesting a change or deletion. There may also be residual information that will remain within our databases and other records, which will not be removed.
FLIR collects information from all users of the FLIR Site, except as described below. What information FLIR collects and how we use it, depends upon your activity on the FLIR Site.
FLIR and its service providers collects non-personally identifiable information from all visitors to the FLIR Site, such as IP address, browser type, and the date and time a user accessed the FLIR Site. We use this information for system administration purposes in order to enhance the operation of the FLIR Site and make it more useful to visitors.
If you choose to not have your browser or device accept cookies from the FLIR Site and Cloud Services, you will be able to view the text on the screens, however you will not experience a personalized visit nor will you be able to subscribe to the service offerings on the FLIR Site. Your Shopping Cart will also not remember items added but not checked out.
We may use pixel tags (also known as web beacons and clear GIFs) to, among other things, track the actions of users of the FLIR Site and Cloud Services (including email recipients), measure the success of our marketing campaigns and compile statistics about use of the FLIR Site and Cloud Services and response rates.
We may use and disclose information that does not personally identify you for any purpose, except where we are required to do otherwise under applicable law. In some instances, we may combine such information with Personal Information. If we do, we will treat the combined information as Personal Information as long as it is combined.
FLIR also collects Personal Information from users of the FLIR Site as described further above.
FLIR Xtend™ and FLIR Instruments™ cameras. This paragraph applies to the Cloud Services offered on an optional basis for purchasers of FLIR Instruments cameras or other devices. If you want to subscribe to the Cloud Services you need to provide us with some basic information, including Personal Information, when you register on the FLIR Site for Xtend. Once you subscribe, you can connect your FLIR Extend camera or other devices to the Cloud Services via the web, iOS and Android mobile devices, and take advantage of camera connectivity features and limited cloud storage with no recurring fees.
FLIR Systems, Inc.
27700 SW Parkway Avenue
Wilsonville, OR 97070