Thermal Made Simple
FLIR Muon is a calibrated uncooled thermal camera subassembly developed for thermal product OEMs to integrate with their own image processing, packaging and optical solutions. A thermal camera “engine” perfectly optimized for size, weight and power (SWaP), FLIR Muon only requires standard imaging device power and communication protocols to generate corrected CMOS video out.
Ease of Integration - Simplify Product Development and Manufacturing
- Industry standard interfaces provide for power in, corrected CMOS video out
- Precision aligned Mg mechanical assembly with Hirose connector
- I2C communication to abstracted layer
Calibrated Thermal Subassembly - Reduce Product Cost with a Pre-calibrated Subassembly
- Calibrated using FLIR’s industry-leading temperature stabilized process
- Only final assembly image optimization required
- FLIR Muon contains Known Good Die (KGD), increasing manufacturing first pass yield
Market Leading Features - Technical Features and Performance
- 17µ VOx FPA technology
- 640 x 512 resolution (59.94Hz for NTSC and 50Hz for PAL)
- 336 x 256 resolution (8.56Hz for NTSC and 8.33Hz for PAL)
- SWaP optimized at 22 x 22 x 8 mm and under 5 grams
- <300 mW power (336 resolution) and <0.5 second start up time
Learn More About FLIR Muon
FLIR Muon Specifications
FLIR Muon Datasheet
Typical Spectral Response Curve
Doing Business With FLIR Systems
The FLIR Muon is perfect for applications that demand a low cost FPA and/or present unconventional size-constraints. It is also ideal for customers familiar with working at the FPA-level who are looking for an alternative to lower-performing amorphous silicon FPAs. Contact your sales representative today to discuss how you can incorporate FLIR thermal imaging technology into your manufacturing process.
For more information on how FLIR Muon® can change your products, just give us a little info and we’ll be in touch!