Tau 2 LWIR Thermal Imaging Camera Cores
Tau 2 is the latest generation product in FLIR’s Tau family of LWIR uncooled thermal imaging camera cores. Two significant advances in Tau 2 are the introduction of:
- Enhanced electronics for improved image processing; and
- FLIR’s 336x256, 17μ-pitch sensor format (in addition to the 324x256, 25μ-pitch & 640x512, 17μ-pitch Tau 2 versions)
Key capabilities available in the Tau 2.0 release include:
- 30/60Hz NTSC (25/50Hz PAL) field-switchable frame rate support for the 324x256, 25µ-pitch and the 336x256, 17μ-pitch versions of Tau 2 cameras
- Improved response 336x256, 17μ-pitch sensor enables higher magnification with existing Tau lenses
- Single pixel symbol resolution for all Tau 2 configurations
There is no difference in form or fit between Tau 2 and the first generation Tau cameras. The upgraded Tau 2 electronics enable additional functions and capabilities that are planned for release on a periodic basis in 2012. Since the electronics are common between the Tau 2 – 640, Tau 2 – 336, and Tau 2 – 324, integrators have direct compatibility between the different camera formats, and most Tau camera versions share the same lens options. FLIR also offers a low-cost Tau 2 – 160 option for applications that do not require high resolution imaging.
Note: Earlier versions of Tau cannot be upgraded to the newer Tau 2 configuration.