Tau 2 LWIR Thermal Imaging Camera Cores
FLIR® Tau® 2 thermal imaging cameras offer an unmatched set of features, making them well-suited for demanding applications like Unmanned Airborne Vehicles (UAVs), thermal weapon sights, and handheld imagers. Improved electronics now give Tau 2 even more capabilities, including radiometry, increased sensitivity (<30mK), 640/60Hz frame rates, and powerful image processing modes that
dramatically improve detail and contrast. Since the electrical function are common between the Tau 2 640, 336 and 324, integrators have direct compatibility between the different camera formats, and Tau camera versions share many of the same lens options.
- 2nd generation Digital Detail Enhancement™
- Active Contrast Enhancement™
- Smart Scene Optimization™
- Information Based HEQ™ that automatically adjusts AGC
- Silent Shutterless NUC™
- Accurate temperature measurement for radiometry, analytics and telemetry
There is no difference in form or fit between Tau 2 and the first generation Tau cameras. The upgraded Tau 2 electronics enable additional functions and capabilities that are planned for release on a periodic basis. A comparison of the Tau2 version evolution can be found here: Tau Feature Comparison. Note that earlier versions of Tau (1.X) cannot be upgraded to the newer Tau 2 configuration.
FLIR also offers three low-cost Tau 2 options for applications that do not require high resolution imaging:
- Tau2 160 a 160×128 with 25 μ-pitch
- Tau2 162 a 160×128 with 50 μ-pitch
- Tau2 168 a 160×128 with 34 μ-pitch