Controllers & Software
FLIR Motion Control Systems pan-tilts are designed for computer control with high-performance two-way interfaces. All units provide serial pan-tilt control interface (RS-232 and/or RS-485) with ASCII and binary control protocol. Further information on the FLIR MCS control protocol and software interface can be found here.
Desktop joystick options are available for the PTU-D46 models. A ruggedized joystick controller option is available for PTU-D47/48, PTU-D100, and PTU-D300 models.
Geo-Pointing Module provides a generalized Ethernet/IP interface and graphical web user interface to all FLIR MCS pan-tilt units. The GPM's web and Ethernet interfaces can be used independently of the geo-pointing functionality. Specification of the Ethernet API can be found in the GPM user Manual here.
- Real-time control from any computing platform
- Desktop and Ruggedized Joystick options
- Web Control interface
- Ethernet/IP control interface
The PT-DCJ is a rugged joystick/controller for FLIR MCS pan-tilt units. The PT-DCJ provides a plug-and-play solution for manual control of FLIR MCS PTU-D100, PTU-D300, PTU-D47/48 pan-tilt models. The metal enclosure, non-contact joystick, and sealed design provide an ideal solution for harsh vehicle environments including ground, sea, and airborne applications.
- Joystick: controls PTU using velocity commands with magnitude proportional to joystick position. A small deadband accommodates high-vibration environments Simultanous control/motion of pan and tilt positions.
- Left Button: "Set User Zero" - press and hold to define current PTU position as new user "home".
- Right Button: "Go to User Zero" - will command pan-tilt to last set User Zero positions. Press and hold will command to absolute 0/0 pan/tilt positions.
- Power Button: Press and hold to turn off power to PTU.
- Alternate connectors/pinouts
- Firmware for application-specific logic
- PTU Connection cable