Q: How are people using FLIR ONE® cameras?
A: Applications are only limited by your imagination. Thermal imaging makes the otherwise invisible world of heat energy visible to your eyes. Everything around you either emits or reflects heat energy. Therefore, thermal imaging is used for home inspections, moisture detection, air leakage, HVAC, electrical panels, agriculture, DIY projects, and many other examples.
Q: What are the differences between the FLIR ONE, FLIR ONE Pro LT, and FLIR ONE Pro?
A: In general: thermal image resolution, temperature measurement and thermal sensitivity.
Q: Which FLIR ONE should I get for my application?
A: The FLIR ONE series of cameras provide features and price points which step up with each model. You will need to evaluate your situational needs but in very general terms:
- If reporting of any type is required then select the FLIR ONE Pro; thermal image resolution is 4x greater than the Pro LT version
- If professional applications are required that are not high temperature related or do not require the same level of resolution or detail, select the FLIR ONE PRO LT
- For the DIY consumer, select the FLIR ONE Gen 3
Q: What is the price point of FLIR ONE, FLIR ONE Pro LT, and FLIR ONE Pro?
A: FLIR ONE retails for $199.99, FLIR ONE Pro LT retails for $299.99, and FLIR ONE Pro retails for $399.99. (Prices may vary).
Q: How can I purchase a FLIR ONE or FLIR ONE Pro-Series camera?
A: In addition to purchasing through FLIR.com, FLIR ONE modesl are available worldwide from major retailers including Amazon and Apple.
Q: May I use my FLIR ONE or FLIR ONE Pro-Series with my smartphone's protective case?
A: The OneFit™ connector feature is available on all devices. The connector adjusts up to an additional 4 mm in length. This increased length is compatible with most protective cases, so you don’t have to choose between thermal vision and safeguarding your device. Please note, the 4 mm extension will not complete a connection through the LifeProof® and OtterBox® Defender Series® cases.
Q: Do the FLIR ONE or FLIR ONE Pro-Series require frequent manual tuning of the shutter to ensure the best experience?
A: No. The second and third generation FLIR ONE and the FLIR ONE Pro-Series feature automatic tuning and thus will not require the user to periodically reset the thermal sensor.
Q: How long does the battery last under continuous operation?
A: The FLIR ONE, FLIR ONE Pro LT, and FLIR ONE Pro battery life will vary dependent upon usage. However, you should have between 45 minutes and an hour of continuous usage.
Q: Will the camera unit drain my tablet/smartphone battery?
A: No. The attachment includes an internal battery, ensuring that the FLIR ONE or FLIR ONE Pro-Series will not drain the attached device’s battery.
Q: Are there replacement batteries available for my device?
A: No, however you may charge the device while in use through an external power bank or between uses.
Q: What is the operating temperature for the FLIR ONE models?
A: The FLIR ONE and FLIR ONE Pro LT operate at 0°C – 35°C (32°F – 95°F) and can detect temperatures from -20°C – 120°C (-4˚F - 248˚F).
The FLIR ONE Pro operates at 0°C – 35°C (32°F – 95°F) and can detect temperatures from -20°C – 400°C (-4°F – 752°F).
Q: How far away can I see a hot spot?
A: Thermal cameras, like visible cameras, can see as far as your eye can see in most cases. Whether you will “see something” at a given distance depends on the size of the object and the contrast. In the thermal world, we are looking for objects that are hotter or cooler than their surroundings. How far you can see or detect a hot spot is a function of how hot the object is relative to its surroundings. The bigger the temperature difference, the easier it is to see.
Q: How far away can I see a person?
A: The FLIR ONE and FLIR ONE Pro LT will detect a person at about 30 m (100 ft.) under good conditions, meaning you will see a hot spot. With the FLIR ONE Pro under the same conditions you will detect a person at about 40 m (130 ft.).
The ability to detect a person using a thermal imager at a distance is a function of the lens field of view (FOV), the number of pixels and the ambient temperature (or the difference between the person and the surrounding temperature). Optimal conditions exist with a cool background and a warm human. Results will vary depending on the environmental conditions.
Q: How do you adjust the camera alignment in the latest version of the FLIR ONE app?
A: Tap the Features icon in the bottom right of the camera screen and select MSX Distance. Slide to adjust. Tap Features to exit.
Q: Why are you offering me an option to login to the FLIR ONE app?
A: We are driven to create the world’s best thermal imaging experience. Your login allows us to simplify your experience.
- Creating an account records the start date of your warranty period for your new FLIR ONE or FLIR ONE Pro-Series thermal imaging camera and eliminating the need for online product registration.
- FLIR has additional features under development including cloud backup and restore, multiple device sharing, image processing, collaborative albums, hardware firmware updates, and more. Many of these new features will require user identification for security purposes.
Q: What will you do with my email after registration?
A: Advanced features such as cloud collaboration and processing will be made available to you as they are launched. FLIR may also offer you unique promotions related to your registered product. Finally, we would also appreciate your feedback and the opportunity to learn more about your needs.
Q: May I opt out?
A: Yes, You may opt out of our email communications. However, we strongly recommend logging into the FLIR ONE app. It initiates your warranty as well as provides access to new services, future features, and security.
Q: What if I do not want to create a user account and login?
A: User registration is not required to use the FLIR ONE app.
Q: What additional apps will be available for FLIR ONE?
A: For a list of all approved FLIR ONE apps please visit our Apps Gallery here.
Q: Where can I get the FLIR ONE SDK?
A: The FLIR ONE software developer’ kits (SDKs) for the 3rd generation and other developer tools for iOS and Android are available free of charge at developer.flir.com or contact Cal Loo at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Q: I am a dealer/store owner and would like to sell FLIR ONE and FLIR ONE
Pro-series thermal imaging cameras. Who do I contact?
A: Please contact Steve Chisholm at email@example.com.
Q: Which mobile devices are compatible for use with the FLIR ONE Gen3
and the FLIR ONE Pro-Series cameras?
A: Compatibility is as follows:
- FLIR ONE Gen 3: Compatible with Apple products that have a Lightning connector and many Android devices with a USB-C connector. Check here for a description of the platform requirements and a list of Android devices that are confirmed to work with the FLIR ONE. If purchasing a FLIR ONE (Gen 3) for use with an Android device with a Micro-USB connection, please be sure to add a Duttek Type C - USB-C Female to Micro-USB Male OTG (On theGo) adapter at check-out.
- FLIR ONE Pro LT: Compatible with Apple products that have a Lightning connector and Android devices with either a USB-C connector or a Micro-USB connection.
- FLIR ONE Pro: Compatible with Apple products that have a Lightning connector and Android devices with either a USB-C connector or a Micro-USB connection.