FLIR TradeForce: Thermal Training Program for Veterans
As part of our FLIR HERO corporate responsibility strategy around philanthropy and veteran support, the FLIR TradeForce program assists U.S. veterans who want to start or expand a career in the skilled trades: electricians, HVAC professionals, plumbers, building inspectors, and more.
Together with Hire Heroes USA, TradeForce offers recently separated (within the past five years) U.S. Veterans free Level I Infrared Thermography Training provided by its U.S. Infrared Training Center (ITC).
Level I courses focus on how thermography is used for a variety of condition monitoring and predictive maintenance applications. Veterans completing the training course requirements and a thermography field assignment are eligible to receive a FLIR E8 thermal camera.
As a Level 1 Thermographer, veterans will learn how to:
- Collect quality data, accurate temperature readings, and account for measurement effects
- Interpret thermograms and make informed decisions using heat transfer concepts to analyze thermal images
- Avoid costly mistakes by learning to distinguish between hot spots and reflections, direct vs. indirect readings, and qualitative vs. quantitative thermography
- Complete field applications labs that closely simulate real-world infrared applications
Since the inception of TradeForce in November of 2019, FLIR has provided almost $600,000 in thermal camera donations, veteran travel lodging assistance, and free thermography training through the ITC. Read how the TradeForce program has impacted veteran participants in their civilian career.
“Having the knowledge as a thermographer on FLIR systems definitely allows me to speak intelligently and demonstrate what I identify as structural, electrical, or energy efficiency issues to my clients. Not only can I provide a better service to my clients but having the certification and background in thermography gives me great job security in my profession or it could possibly open doors to another.”
- Wilfred Cunningham, US Army, Sergeant First Class Retired
"FLIR is an amazing company with incredible products that help military professionals in ways most people cannot imagine. Hire Heroes USA is an organization that has helped me through one of the scariest periods of my life, having spent over two decades of my career mapped out. After I left the military service, my life was turned upside down and I faced a lot of unknowns. FLIR TradeForce provided me with a unique training opportunity and made me more marketable."
- Jeremie Peterson, United State Air Force, Master Sergeant Retired
"I didn't realize how great of an opportunity this was until I completed the course. I'm so glad I did! If you're looking to get into the trades or have a background as an engineer, this is the course for you."
- Josh, USAF, Senior Master Sergeant
Steps to Sign Up for Training:
- Visit the Infrared Training Center website for the complete list of Level I Thermography Training classes offered in the U.S.
- Complete the form below for consideration.
- After you complete the form, a Referral & Training Partners Manager from Hire Heroes will follow-up regarding the training.
* Class space and camera quantities are limited. Training and camera offer valued at up to $5,000 per person.One training per person only. Level 1 training courses offered only.Eligible course attendees will receive a gift card to FLIR.com to purchase the E8 camera. No camera substitutes offered.
** Proof of military service is required for participation.
Fill out the form below for consideration.