A Message About COVID-19
In a message to FLIR Customers, FLIR President and Chief Executive Officer Jim Cannon addresses our steps taken during this global emergency.
To Our FLIR Customers,
As the number of coronavirus (COVID-19) cases grow and governments around the world respond to this unprecedented health emergency, FLIR Systems is committed to maintaining its operations and delivering critical lifesaving products to our customers.
This is an extraordinarily challenging time and we are taking all appropriate measures to safeguard our employees’ health and safety, to comply with regional governmental orders, and to meet our obligations to the countries we operate. FLIR is a part of, and provides products and services to, the critical infrastructure of the nations working to combat COVID-19, and we have an obligation to continue our operations.
We continue to monitor reports and guidance from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), the European Centre for Disease Prevention (ECDC), and the World Health Organization (WHO). At this time, we are taking several precautionary measures to keep FLIR employees safe:
- We have limited our operations and reduced our functions to the extent they are not necessary to our critical infrastructure mission. We initiated a site entry restriction policy for external visitors to FLIR facilities. Contingency plans are being developed for staggered work schedules designed to reduce the number of employees working at a given time.
- We are allowing certain employees to work remotely.
- We implemented a global employee travel ban until further notice.
- We are regularly deep cleaning our facilities, advising all employees to follow safe hygiene practices, and requiring employees to stay home if they have any of the known symptoms or have come into contact with people who have tested positive for COVID-19.
- We are actively working to monitor supply chain continuity risks across the company. At this time, we have experienced minimal disruption in our supply chain. Given the fluid nature of the situation and policy changes occurring at the local and national levels, we have contingency plans in place to mitigate potential disruptions as this situation evolves.
Additionally, we are experiencing strong demand for our thermal cameras to be used in Elevated Body Temperature Screening. As a result, we are working to ensure that governments, first responders, and entities working to mitigate the spread of the virus have all appropriate resources.
We thank you for your continued support.
President and Chief Executive Officer